26.2.11

James Bond Marathon I: The Connery Years

Time for another marathon. You probably think I've been slacking off lately, but I've actually been working hard behind the scenes. Honestly, I have!

This marathon came about because I just couldn't handle the idea of those depressing, emotionally draining indie movies nominated for Oscars this year.  I figured I needed something fun instead, so why not revisit the old Bond movies?

This marathon will feature the six original Sean Connery, plus the one featuring George Lazenby. I'll probably get to the others as well, at some point, but I make no promises.

The movies in this marathon will be:

Dr. No (1962) Link
From Russia with Love (1963) Link
Goldfinger (1964) Link
Thunderball (1965) Link
You Only Live Twice (1967) Link
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) Link
Diamonds Are Forever (1971) Link

Tomorrow I'll post the first review, and then a new one more or less daily. And don't worry, they're fairly short this time around.

And before you ask... No, I have no special qualifications for writing about James Bond, I was never really a fan, but I promise to do my best. This is the part where you say: "Your 'best'? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen."

And on that note, we'll begin. Watch this space.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, Sean Connery, you were good once. What happened?

    I'll be looking forward to reading what you have to say 'bout these movies, eventhough they aren't my cup of tea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @GaGa The Movies
    Thanx man! The Rock is epic! And then there's my famous soft spot The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but I'm not really a big Connery fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rock is awesome, but sadly he continued to make movies after that and you're crazy for liking the trainwreck that is League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @GaGa The Movies
    Crazy, yes! Never said I wasn't! I love it soooo much, though!

    ReplyDelete